A list of frequently asked questions for parents and students regarding the Early Dismissal/ Professional Development Days can be found under the "Parents & Students" section of our district website- www.floydboe.net. We appreciate your patience and understanding as we continue to navigate this new format for professional development!
Good evening, parents! I want to personally invite you to our upcoming Title 1 Meeting on August 29th at 6 pm. We will be meeting in the auditorium. Our annual Title 1 Meeting is a time for you to get information about our school's Title 1 status and how you can be involved as a parent in a Title 1 school.
Directly following our Title 1 Meeting, our PTO has planned an ice cream social for you and a chance for them to discuss with you ways to be involved with PTO.
I look forward to seeing you there!
Together, we will #BuildItGrowItKnowIt at CSE!
Good evening, Cave Spring!
I hope you have had a chance to speak with your child about our Moon Pie Fundraiser kickoff that starts today, August 8. We have boxes of Moon Pies to sell and we need your help.
The top selling homeroom gets to turn me into a human ice cream sundae. The top seller for the school gets to ride in the principal's chair taxi and gets a special lunch with the principal.
If you sell 1 or more boxes, you get to participate in a snowball battle. For two boxes or more, you get to participate in an outside inflatable party. For three boxes or more, you can roll the principal into a mummy and you win a dried scorpion trick. For five boxes or more, you can race toy pigs for prizes. And for seven boxes or more, you win a Webkinz stuffed animal, splat ball, and magic coin game.
If you would like for your child to participate in the fundraiser to help us purchase online instructional materials, please drop by the school anytime to pick up a box and sign the waiver for the sale. Parents must pick up the boxes to ensure they make it home safely. Each box sells for $36, or $1 a Moon Pie, or $9 a carton. As always, donations to the school are acceptable if you do not want to sell.
I hope you can help us meet our fundraising goal to raise over $4,000 this year!
Good evening, Cave Spring Elementary!
Thanks for a great couple of days at CSE! Here are a few announcements for the week:
1. Starting tomorrow, Tuesday, August 6, all goodbyes with parents and guardians will be held in the lobby. Remember, if you need to speak with your child's teacher, leave a message with the office, or email them. If your child needs assistance walking in, we will have staff and helpers positioned to walk them in.
2. This Thursday, information will go home about our Moon Pie Fundraiser. There will be some awesome prizes like turning me into a human sundae and getting to participate in a fun inflatable party. Please check your child's folder or book bag for the fundraiser information.
3. We will sell Frios this Friday for $3.00 at recess. If you are interested, please bring $3.00, exact change, please.
4. If you have a returning student and have not completed online registration paperwork, please do so soon so that we can ensure the most updated information for your child.
5. Please make sure you have a new pick up card for the car rider line. It will have a bee and this year's date on it. Every car should have the new tag. The hangers used in years past, and the yellow car tag are older and will need to be replaced. If you need a new tag, please contact the office.
We hope you have a wonderful evening, and as always, let's "Build It, Grow It, and Know It" at CSE!
Good evening, Cave Spring!
Thank you for an awesome first day! Our parents, kids, staff, and faculty worked hard to make it great. I appreciate you!
Just a couple of reminders for you:
* Tomorrow, Friday August 2nd and Monday, August 3rd, we will have our lost and found set up in the back hall near the auditorium. This will be an opportunity for parents and students to look through our bins of clothing. All unclaimed clothing will be sorted and donated by Tuesday, August 4th. You can stop by in the morning at 7:55 or after school at 3:30 until 6:00.
* Tomorrow, Friday August 2nd, we begin a regular schedule. Doors open at 7:15 am for students to head to the cafeteria for breakfast or to the gym. Class doors do not open until 7:55. If you want to walk your student to the classroom at 7:55 tomorrow and Monday, you may do so. After Monday, all goodbyes will be held in the front lobby.
*Also, dismissal begins everyday at 3:00 and is over promptly at 3:30. Every car must have a new car tag with this year's date and student's name written on it. If you need a car tag, please contact the office.
I hope you have a wonderful evening! Together, we will BuilD It, Grow It, and Know It at CSE.
Greetings from Cave Spring Elementary!
We hope you had a great time meeting your teacher at Open House and had a chance to reconnect with friends from CSE!
Here are a few important reminders/updates as we begin the new school year:
• On the first day of school, August 1, 2019, doors will open at 7:15 am. Parents arriving at that time will be able to take students to their new homeroom. Our instructional day begins at 8:00 am, so we ask that all goodbyes occur before that time.
• On August 2, 2019 and beyond, we begin a regular day schedule. Doors open at 7:15 am where students can enjoy breakfast in the cafeteria or will head to the gymnasium if they have already eaten. The homeroom bell will ring at 7:55 am and students will head to homerooms. Parents who need to walk students to classrooms should arrive closer to 7:55 am when the bell rings on August 1, 2, and 5th. After August 5th until the end of the year, all goodbyes will be held in the lobby. Parents or guardians needing to speak with teachers will need to request a conference or a call home. If your child needs assistance, we have amazing staff positioned to help walk them in. We will take care of our precious students!
• You are welcome to join your child for lunch after the 3rd week of school ( beginning August 19th) as we utilize the first two weeks of school to establish efficient lunchroom routines.
* We have a growing lost and found collection. Lost and Found will be open in the lobby on August 1, 2, and 3rd. After the 3rd, the items will be donated. Please feel free to stop by and take what belongs to your child.
• This year, our morning drop off is from 7:15 until 7:55. Remember, you will enter the line from the left side of the school and pull around to the cafeteria door to drop off students. Parents arriving after 7:55 will need to park in the front of the school and walk their child to the front office for safety reasons. Students are tardy when the bell rings at 8:00 am and must be walked in by a parent if they are tardy.
• Dismissal begins at 3:00 pm daily and ends promptly at 3:30 pm. Car rider pick up will occur on the side of the building at the cafeteria door. If your child is not picked up by 3:30 pm, he or she will be sent to our Afterschool Care Program.
• We will utilize school calls home to update you on important events, emergencies, and other information. Please ensure that your phone number is correct in Powerschool and that you have a correct email listed for us to send the information via email. As always, you may join us on Facebook as this is another way we will communicate with you.
* If you have not already, please complete online registration. If you need your login information, please contact the office. Finally, if you have a ballot for the LSGT vote, send your ballot in to the office on Thursday, August 1st as ballots will be counted and the winner announced on Friday, August 2nd.
Let’s make this the best year yet!
Dr. Kyle Abernathy
Good afternoon, Cave Spring!
We are four days away from the greatest year in history of Cave Spring Elementary! Excitement is mounting as we anticipate the arrival of our students on Thursday, August 1st.
But before students return, I would like to personally welcome you to our Open House scheduled this Tuesday night, July 30, from 4:30 until 6:00 pm. Please take this opportunity for your children to meet their new teachers.
Parking is limited at CSE, but you may park along the left side of the building and in the back which will serve as overflow parking. We ask that you enter through the front of the building for Open House.
While at Open House, we will be set up in the lobby to issue car tags for car riders, so make sure you stop by to take care of this important part of ensuring that all students go home safely. Also, if you have not already done so, please pick up your child's enrollment ID and password in their homeroom class that will allow you to complete all beginning of the year paperwork for your child completely online. If you do not have internet access at home, our computer lab will be open for you to complete the necessary forms online. We will have staff on standby to assist.
Also, it is time for us to vote for our new parent LSGT representative. We will have a table set up near the lobby for this important vote, and ask all parents of students at CSE to vote for the 2019-2020 representative who will serve for two years. An announcement will be made, naming the next representative on Friday, August 2.
Finally, Frios Gourmet Pops will be available for purchase at Open House. You can enjoy one of these for $3. We will have four flavors to choose from. Please bring cash.
I look forward to seeing you all at Open House on Tuesday night!
Remember, we will "Build It, Grow It, and Know It" at CSE this year!
Good afternoon Cave Spring Families! I have a couple of reminders for you this week. First, Meet Your Principal Night is tomorrow night, Tuesday, July 16 from 6-7 pm. We will serve light refreshments and get to know each other.
Second, don't forget that you may pick up your child's Powerschool portal information any day this week from 7 until 5 so that you may complete all of your child's enrollment forms online this year. Pre-k parents will fill out forms on paper as always.
Next, Open House is scheduled for July 30 from 4:30-6:00 pm. If you need access to a computer, you may use our computer lab to complete all enrollment forms during this time. We will also have a representative with Girls Scouts here to provide information for families, and Frios Gourmet Pops will be sold. Please bring cash for Frios.
Also, at Open House, parents will have the opportunity to vote for one Parent Representative for our Local School Governance Team. If you are interested in applying for the LSGT team, please call the school or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Finally, the first day of school will be August 1, 2019. We open the doors at 7:15 am. We will share more information regarding the first day of school at Open House. We look forward to the best year yet!
At CSE, we will Build It, Grow It, and Know It!
Thank you for making our school shine!
ATTN PARENTS: If you have not received an email from email@example.com at this time, you will NOT be receiving one. This means you should stop by your child's school with a valid form of I.D. during the designated times on the attached chart, or during open houses, in order to pick it up to complete online registration. If you do not have computer or internet access to complete online registration, you will be able to do so during open house and orientation events at your child's school.
If you have been able to begin registration but have trouble with the Social Security Number field, please fill out the contact us form on the district website with the best days and times to call you back.
FCS L4-GA WORKSHOP SERIES TO PROMOTE EARLY LITERACY
Floyd County Schools presents Talk With Me Baby, Part 1 of a language nutrition workshop for parents of preschool-age children. Learn how early exposure to words and speaking can help a child build vocabulary, communicate better with adults, be ready for kindergarten, and develop an essential life skill: the ability to read.
This event will be held on March 7th at 6 pm, Alto Park Elementary School, rescheduled from the February 21st workshop that was canceled due to excessive rain and flooding. Please pre-register for the new March date CLICK HERE, even if you had previously registered for the February workshop. Thank you for your cooperation.
The Georgia Parent Survey is also modeled after the student survey and contains 24 questions. Parents may complete the survey using their personal computer, smartphone, or tablet. All parents are encouraged to participate in the Georgia Parent Survey because the data will be used as part of the calculation of the School Climate Star Rating. Survey responses are anonymous and will be submitted directly to the Georgia Department of Educations for analysis.
Please click on the link below: