Use the links below to find useful and helpful information for your senior year. Check back frequently for changes.
Coker Classic Scholarship. 1 winner from each area high school (including AHS)! $500. minimum award. Resume’ + Transcript + Essay. Applications available on Google Classroom Class of 2020 or outside Mrs. Drumm’s office. Deadline: March 1.
Stewart-Johnson Memorial Scholarship. Seniors at AHS & MHS only. $500. minimum award. Community Service + Transcript + Letters of Rec. Applications available on Google Classroom Class of 2020 or outside Mrs. Drumm’s office. Deadline: April 30.
Is your parent a Marine or Navy Corpsman (active duty, reserves, or veteran)? Scholarships are awarded to ALL eligible applicants! For more info and to apply visit: https://www.mcsf.org/
Is your parent a full time Police Officer, Sheriff’s Deputy, or Firefighter? Owen Security Solutions Scholarships. See Mrs. Drumm for more info and an application. Deadline: March 24.
Are you planning to attend GNTC? GNTC Foundation Scholarship. $500 to 1 AHS Senior! See Mrs. Drumm for an application! Deadline: April 15
Don’t Forget! Important Scholarship Deadlines!
- Georgia Mining Association: Deadline: February 21
- Rome Rotary Club: Deadline: Deadline: March 31
- BBB (Better Business Bureau: Deadline: April 5
- Kristi Lyn Shifflet Memorial: Deadline April 15
Need more info? See Google Classroom Class of 2020!
Need help? Mrs. Drumm is scheduling follow-up Senior meetings now,
Scholarships! Check these out!
Georgia Highlands College Foundation awards over $100,000 in scholarships every year. The scholarship criteria vary greatly and may be based on age, program of study, county of residency and many other factors.
Georgia Mining Foundation – $500 - $1500 Scholarships for College and Technical School! Numerical GPA of 85 + an ACT Score of 19, www.georgiamining.org/GMF-scholarship.php
Blood Assurance/Crystal Green Memorial Scholarship - provides twelve one-time scholarships of $1,500 each, www.bloodassurance.org/crystal-green-online-application
Zombie Apocalypse $2,000. Scholarship “Deadline” October 31, 2018. Apply at: www.unigo.com/scholarships/all/zombie-apocalypse-scholarship-2017/1003659
www.chegg.com – #1 on USA Today’s list of 10 best scholarship search sites!
ARMUCHEE HIGH SCHOOL
SENIOR FALL CHECKLIST
- Complete a Senior Profile for Ms. Law
- Schedule a Senior Conference for you and your parents with Ms. Law...ASAP
- Start making plans for after graduation...NOW!
- Take the ACT, SAT, ASSET, or COMPASS
- Apply online early
- Request transcripts by signing the clipboard on Mrs. Law’s door
- Plan a campus visit
- See Ms. Law for a permission form
- Must turn in form at least 5 days prior to visit
- Limited to Seniors only
- Limited to 3 per Senior year
- Seek scholarships
- Check out the links on the senior page
- Check business websites: Comcast, Church’s, Coca-Cola, NWGA Credit Union, etc.
- Listen closely and check the school website, senior website, and google classroom for local scholarship information
- Speak with a recruiter
- Take the ASVAB (AHS Fall date TBA)
- What is the application process?
- Do you need special training? (Mechanical Trades Institute for example)
- Check out the websites on the senior page or see Ms. Law for help.
*Contact Ms. Law at email@example.com